When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pioneer Tricycle - Anyone Interested?

-

Geri B

On Training Wheels
Hi.

I am looking to sell this old bicycle for my mom. She is 88 and has had it for a long time. The last thirty years it was up in the rafters in her garage. Before that she would put it on the porch with flowers. I know nothing about old bikes. Her neighbor offered her $50 for it, but I told her I better check around first to see if it is rare or anything else that would make it valuable. She said it was given to her mother in the late 1930s or early 1940s by a neighbor. My mom was poor as a child and lived in a rooming house in Milwaukee. She said that her older sister "made friends with the daughter of a rich Jewish family and they felt sorry for us and gave it to us." Funny how my mom can remember things from so long ago but not that she already ate a bowl of ice cream after supper and now wants another one. So, sell it to the neighbor or put it up for sale?

Thank you for your time!

Geri B

IMG_1144.jpeg

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_1145.jpeg

IMG_1146.jpeg

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1148.jpeg

IMG_1153.jpeg

IMG_1154.jpeg

Probably worth a bit more than 50. The badge is worth close to that. Yes boxing and shipping can be a pain. Buy her favorite ice cream and spend some time with her. It probably means much more than an old piece of metal. Good luck to you both!

I have a business account with Fed Ex and ship really cheap. Sometimes large items like this for $12.00, depending on how far it is going.

Probably worth a bit more than 50. The badge is worth close to that. Yes boxing and shipping can be a pain. Buy her favorite ice cream and spend some time with her. It probably means much more than an old piece of metal. Good luck to you both!
Oh, yes- she loves her ice cream! It's always been her favorite food. My sisters and I are taking turns being with her. My Dad passed a few years ago and she is getting too forgetful to be on her own. She would never eat any meals if we weren't there- only sweets!

There is NO WAY this item ships for $12.00......more like $50.00 -$100.00, depends on location....
My husband's business ships thousands of items to Europe on pallets. Literally thousands of them and they all weigh a ton. They give us a huge break on shipping. I had Fed Ex pack and ship two very large vases (3 feet high each) from Wisconsin to North Carolina and it cost me under $10.00.

Oh, yes- she loves her ice cream! It's always been her favorite food. My sisters and I are taking turns being with her. My Dad passed a few years ago and she is getting too forgetful to be on her own. She would never eat any meals if we weren't there- only sweets!
I've been through that. Both of my parents and both of my wife's. It's difficult but it's some you have to do. No regrets. You are right. Everyone loves ice cream!! Three times a day if possible! If you are able to ship that cheaply put the trike for sale here and see what happens. Worth closer to 100 than 50.

Back