When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plain Dealer Light Bicycle Brigade

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
I've read there were tests you had to complete to show you had what it took to wear this badge, anyone else have one in their stash?
3.5" diameter single sided stamped.

Plain Dealer Bicycle Light Brigade Badge.jpg

Jesse did this badge have anything to do with the Plain Dealer newspaper in Cleveland, OH. Maybe it was an award a kid got for delivering papers with safety and skill, I'm just shooting in the dark here. There are alot of lighthouses around the lakeshore (Lake Erie).

Jesse did this badge have anything to do with the Plain Dealer newspaper in Cleveland, OH. Maybe it was an award a kid got for delivering papers with safety and skill, I'm just shooting in the dark here. There are alot of lighthouses around the lakeshore (Lake Erie).
I got that "badge" in and upon closer inspection in person I have to reform my assessment, I believe it is more akin to a fender topper for a bicycle rather than a badge to be worn on your lapel.

It was indeed related somehow to the Plain Dealer newspaper and Cleveland though.
Apparently there was "suburban bicycle training" involved in gaining entrance into the Plain Dealer Bicycle Light Brigade. I found a reference to a Nottingham police department building that was used as their training base in the 40's.

Sidenote the plate or whatever we can call it was discovered metal detecting in the dry bed of Gloria Glens Swim Park in Chippewa Lake, Ohio and I purchased it from the lucky detectorist.

Back