When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Playing around with my 1961 Huffy Eldorado custom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gary Mc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
OK, so here's my 1961 Huffy Eldorado customized as a great riding beach cruiser originally a middleweight now with a Shimano Nexus 3 speed and new 26x2.125 tires/wheels combo. It is my daily rider and is a really comfortable rider particularly at the beach. Just a lightweight somewhat klunker version. I've had it built up like this for 3 years now & love it like this but I like playing with ideas too......

IMG_2518_zpsdcccef40-1.jpg

here's a mockup of what I'm thinking about for it's next iteration for a little more originality. Put the rack & chain guard back on it with some Wald aftermarket balloon fenders that will get a little modification to fit.

IMG_0258_zps59a8db93-1.jpg

This bike will one day be restored completely original probably after retirement in a few years and at that time will be given to my nephew as it was his fathers childhood bike. The reason I never tried the chain guard or rack back on it is that along with the tank, they really need repainting and look rougher than the pics. The original fenders are shot by the way although original middleweight wheels are not too bad. I still have everything original for the bike.

Not sure I'm going to like the extra weight with this iteration but we'll see. The balloon tires & wheels are staying for now as I love the ride. Let me know your thoughts, custom beach cruiser or a little more originality? I can always put it back like it is now I guess if I don't like it.

Cool looking bike! I like the chrome fenders... but it does look sleek and fast without them :cool:
Darcie

Since you are asking...I prefer your present klunker style. :) Have you tried adding the chainguard alone? Maybe even the chainguard and rack without the fenders.

Last edited:
"Playing around with my 1961 Huffy"

...sounds like something Vince or Dave would say......

I'm a sucker for fenders on a bike, I say leave them on even if they are aftermarket Walds. I'm ducking as I type this but I'm not real big on klunkers.

Since you are asking...I prefer your present klunker style. :) Have you tried adding the chainguard alone? Maybe even the chainguard and rack without the fenders.

I say it's your bike, set it up exactly like YOU like it, but if you're taking a poll, I agree with Doug, no fenders, leave the rest. The red pieces flow across the bike nicely.

Back