Please Contact Sellers Directly With Offers, Questions, Etc

This ad disappears when logged in

rustjunkie

Staff member
Jul 11, 2012
Monrovia, CA 91016
www.rustjunkies.com
The Sell-Trade Forum is maybe the most active and popular Forum at The Cabe. Every ad is in line for it's fair place in the search ranking. Let's please respect this queue and send offers, questions, comments, chit-chat about details of the deal, etc directly to sellers. This way the ad doesn't get pushed to the top of "New Posts" when it's actually not new, and the details of your interest are kept where they should be: between you and the seller.

Here's a link to instructions for contacting a seller:

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/how-to-ask-the-seller-questions-in-sell-trade-forum.85538/

If you need any more help drop one of the staff members a note.

Thanks and keep pedaling! :)

Scott A.

rustjunkie

Staff member
Jul 11, 2012
Monrovia, CA 91016
www.rustjunkies.com
It would also be a good rule in the Look what I found threads or info threads on the main board. Just pm the guy if you want to buy the bike.
Indeed, stuff for sale needs to stay in Sell-Trade. What we don't need is to turn posts in other forums into sale/offer/auction ads.
What happens privately though, is, well...private. ;)

gtdohn

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 30, 2011
Gilroy, Ca.
Amen......I had this very thing happen to me earlier this year....asking questions about the item after committing to buy. Fortunately the deal went thru with no further problems.

I might add that you should immediately contact the seller privately to discuss payment methods, shipping, etc. "I'll take it" without further contact leaves the seller wondering about these details and puts the onus on him to try to make contact.

If someone contacts me with their name, address and payment method I know they are serious and ready to consummate the deal. "I'll take it" with no further contact via pm always seems shaky to me.

If I find something I want at a bike show or flea market, I'm getting the money out of my wallet when I say I'll take it. I don't stand there waiting for the seller to ask for payment.
Amen, and on top of that, when someone says "I'll take it" as a reply in your ad, it makes others think that it is either already sold or at least pending. The "I'll take it", then a day or more of silence, should mean that the person who said that lost his chance. I mean come on, who doesn't have the ability to go online and check his messages from anywhere in the world these days. If you want an item, message the person directly and be timely with your pay or arrangement thereof. I guess it's peoples way of peeing on the tree. Marking their territory even if they aren't really serious :)

Last edited:

IngoMike

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 7, 2013
Sand City, Ca.
The seller should have control of his/her for sale thread, there should be no input from the peanut gallery. All inquires to the ad should be though PM, and the seller should be responsible for posting updates in regards to more info., or the item being sold. All these B.S. posts with their opinion or a thumbs are are not doing anyone any good, and are just diluting the original thread!

abe lugo

I live for the CABE
Sep 6, 2010
Los Angeles,CA
How about talking about ways to make offers???

It seems I've gotten a lot of....... "Yeah I'll take that for $XX.XX, including shipping" (usually 20-25 dollars less than advetised) as a first line convo starter.

Like not even including a.... "Would you take an offer of..." , "I'm interested in this item, would you do..." etc..

The first one liner comes off as I just agreed to your offer. At that point I Don't bother with you I'd rather keep my stuff.

Something to consider.. for buyers

See what the items or very much like item as sold for in the last day,month.
Is it rare?

How badly do you need it?

Do some ebay research, are you getting already much less than ebay prices?

Are you helping a fellow member out than needs the sale?

As far peanut gallery comments, I agree. It used to be some ass would say "hey you can get that... here for this", well that help for wanted ads not so much on sale ads.

PM people and learn to use the forums.

And Please add me to your ignore list, if I haven't added you to mine. It makes things much cleaner here.

Last edited:

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los
The Sell-Trade Forum is maybe the most active and popular Forum at The Cabe. Every ad is in line for it's fair place in the search ranking. Let's please respect this queue and send offers, questions, comments, chit-chat about details of the deal, etc directly to sellers. This way the ad doesn't get pushed to the top of "New Posts" when it's actually not new, and the details of your interest are kept where they should be: between you and the seller.

Here's a link to instructions for contacting a seller:

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/how-to-ask-the-seller-questions-in-sell-trade-forum.85538/

If you need any more help drop one of the staff members a note.

Thanks and keep pedaling! :)

Scott A.
BUMP!

Heart-like-a-lion

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 26, 2014
Westminster, United States
Yeah and if somebody asks for your Pay Pal who wants to pay your money don't go with the second person And say oh I'm sorry I forgot to look after asking question and then them sending you pictures of the item it's called ask that person if they're interested in buying it if you haven't seen the message that they wrote a day earlier asking for your PayPal address other person knew they were in the wrong and blew it

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 6, 2015
Sebastopol, United States
I say BAN emoticons! No more emoticons as responses to anything...you know who you are! Hahahaha...:eek:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture