When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PLEASE DO NOT CLEAR-COAT YOUR ORIGINAL PAINT VINTAGE BIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Anyone have experience with this (or other products like it)? It's specifically for chrome and aluminum, I was going to try it on one of my Spaceliners.

Bump

To the folks that feel the need to "save" the paint with a clear coat or Boiled linseed oil. Please add that "upgrade" to your for sale ads if you think it's such a good idea.

A couple years ago there was a killer bike I wanted, talked to the seller and it came to light that he had used BLO. Deal breaker for me.
Can BLO be removed? Can house paint be removed? Who wants to spend their spare time removing either? And when you've called it "good enough" cause your fingers hurt and it sucks, what's the bike look like now?

Big 10-4 nope to clear coat. Easy to mess up. Hard to reverse. But when it comes to my keepers I say damn the torpedoes! Boiled Linseed Oil always. I would never use it or anything else on something I planned to sell or thought I could make good money on because of course that would drive the purists from the buyer pool. And if selling a treated bike do the right thing and always disclose what you’ve done to it. But all my babies get the BLO treatment. It’s easy, protective, and looks great in my opinion. I’ve used it on old paint, rust, and raw metal. Love the results.

Big 10-4 nope to clear coat. Easy to mess up. Hard to reverse. But when it comes to my keepers I say damn the torpedoes! Boiled Linseed Oil always. I would never use it or anything else on something I planned to sell or thought I could make good money on because of course that would drive the purists from the buyer pool. And if selling a treated bike do the right thing and always disclose what you’ve done to it. But all my babies get the BLO treatment. It’s easy, protective, and looks great in my opinion. I’ve used it on old paint, rust, and raw metal. Love the results.

E90FF466-CD8E-46E6-ACBF-34A39934DCC5.jpeg

802B3F92-178C-405A-8E5F-EDA37C8843E7.jpeg

F7663294-D1A7-44AD-9472-21AA4E8DA043.jpeg

Back