When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Don't Touch

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Why is it that folks want to touch the most fragile areas of a vintage bike? I LOVE showing and talking to people about my bikes. But why good Lord above are people attracted like a magnet to the most delicate flaking paint or decal on my bikes and feel the need to rub it to confirm its fragility?? I'm not the most bestest communicator. Maybe it's the tone of my voice.. When you show non bike people and even some bike people your stuff do you tell them please don't touch? But hey if you want to go for a ride later start thinking about the one you want to ride. You can ride it, but please don't touch it.:cool:o_O

Chad

Last edited:
Apparently human nature. My brother has a mineral collection and people love to touch the most fragile crystals, some were destroyed. Now they're in showcases.
Carry "PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH!" card, also say look...don't touch.
My wife still has her first new car, ordered in 1972, a Formula Firebird with a rubber nose ...27k miles, original paint except the nose had to be painted. People "oh wow! A rubber front bumper"!, then squeeze it, cracking the paint. It stays in garage, car covered.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

At a show years ago a guy came up to my friends twin 40 and started squeezing the lens...
delt with people ringing the bell, squeezing the brake handle over and over like they need reinsurance that it really works and just plain touching everything with there hands after eatting junk that is still on there hands be sides on the front of there shirt, what part of Please Dont Touch That You Can't Understand? if I fondled your girlfriend that way would that be ok with you? some of these small local shows are more trouble than there worth, there not here for the vintage original or expensive restoration, but food. the crappy vendor food, and to let their kids run around like it's a out door play ground unattended drives me nuts, but the adults are just as bad and I've been asked to leave because of my mouth, yeah ok it's true I did lose it when I looked over and a mom had put her very young child on the seat of my bike for a photo and not asking plus the the child had a wet bottom because of pee because the parent was to busy stuffing her face to attend to her child, or take her to a restroom because of eatting non stop that F#$! greasy vender food, yeah I lost it alright when I saw my leather seat having a wet spot and it wasn't a small spot either, I walked my bike home that day fuming, as for my remarks about that idiot's girlfriend, it put an end to my invatation to comming back.......that's ok, im just happy to ride around and enjoy the day with a dry seat......

A few years ago I brought my Pacemaker out for our local ride. A non-bike friend was admiring it & commented on how the shroud didn't quite fit right...as he squeezes it, cracking it further. Boy was I mad...but I knew he didn't mean it. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Yep!
All of my bikes are for people to see and enjoy, but it is always so annoying when somebody does something like press their thump into the saddle or press down on the handlebar to see the springer work.
Most times it's no big deal, but I cringe a little every time it happens.
One time up at the Yosemite ride, a bunch of Chinese tourists started sitting on my bike as a picture prop.
No harm no foul, but the idea, that they could just swing a leg over it without asking was annoying.
I should've put a coin box there and charged admission.

Yep!
All of my bikes are for people to see and enjoy, but it is always so annoying when somebody does something like press their thump into the saddle or press down on the handlebar to see the springer work.
Most times it's no big deal, but I cringe a little every time it happens.
One time up at the Yosemite ride, a bunch of Chinese tourists started sitting on my bike as a picture prop.
No harm no foul, but the idea, that they could just swing a leg over it without asking was annoying.
I should've put a coin box there and charged admission.

I came this close to telling that guy off when he started jerking it like a coin-operated ride! The nerve of some people!:mad::mad::mad:

horse ride.gif

Back