When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Don't Touch

-
One thing I've noticed over the years is how smaller children always seem to go for the chain first. I tend to let them grab it for a bit before pointing out to their parents what is going on and that they should probably put a stop to it. :smilingimp:

When I was a kid, wealthy friends of my decidedly unwealthy family had a '57 300SL and a pogoda roof 280SL. The owner would leave me alone int he garage to hang out in the cars. I spent a lot of time "racing in the Mille Miglia" in that car and opening and closing the doors because I loved the pop out door handle and how solid the door was and how the only sounds were the singular thunk and the latching mechanism would click with machined perfection (sadly, I had little appreciation for the 280 until much later). Later, he offered me a Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud for the prom (now that was really a test of faith!), but he ended up getting too good a price for it a couple weeks before (or came to his senses). I also got to sit inside a Lamborghini Jalpa and really check out one of the three endurance speed record-setting first generation Subaru Legacy RS-RA race cars. Yeah, I was more respectful than many adults, but I still marvel at his faith when I hear about how other people are about their toys.

The Skidkings get really neat hang tags from Gary when we ride. Always see people looking at them and guessing because their interested in what the bike is and hoping it says on tag. Thought for a time of tagging our bikes with a info hang tag of year model ect. Could also incorporate a "please do not touch bike" bottom line. Make it better for people checking them out and less worry about jackasses. By the way, absolute worst is people around your prize bikes with the rear drop stands... am i right ! ?

Thanks love them at any color...Nice.....” birds forever”....the 71 needs a color change...but...this one is done...no touching for sure....☠️☠️☠️☠️
22A8C34F-3915-46BD-8CC2-3316BC48BA1A.jpeg

0550A0E8-7C2A-497F-85F5-AFE12E27CA1A.jpeg

Beautiful!. Her Formula is Florentine Red.
Her '68 is yellow.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Old bikes and toys [ pre-60s] are most likely covered in lead based paint. In some states, any object painted with lead paint cannot be knowingly sold to a minor. The seller opens himself to a lawsuit if he sells, lets say, a bike or toy with lead paint on it to a minor. Very easy to test for lead based paint. I know it's BS, but we had visitors at my house one time and the grandmother insisted that her young grandson play with a bunch of lead soldiers I had sitting on a low shelf. When I politely asked her not to let her grandson play with them [ he was banging them around ] she got pissed, like I was being a jerk. After all, they're toys. I just pointed out to her that they were made of lead, and most likely painted with lead paint too. Problem solved.

I had a problem with people wanting to squeeze the front brake lever on my motorbike. they would squeeze it till the cable stretched(exaggeration here)-same people-every time. I finally got some balling wire and wired it so it wouldn't move. next time they came over and went over to do their thing-they got bent out when they tried it. I didn't care. they did get the message. I've had the mentioned problem of fragile/flaky paint.....scraping it off with their nails in front of me!!!!

Last edited:
I had a problem with people wanting to squeeze the front brake lever on my motorbike. they would squeeze it till the cable stretched(exaggeration here)-same people-every time. I finally got some balling wire and wired it so it wouldn't move. next time they came over and went over to do their thing-they got bent out when they tried it. I didn't care. they did get the message. had the mentioned problem of fragile/flaky paint.....scraping it off with their nails in front of me!!!!
blowing top.gif

Believe it or not ladies and gentlemen, but not everyone had a proper upbringing. I wouldn't think of touching someone's property without asking permission. It took me a long while to realize that not everyone was taught how to be a decent, respectful, responsible person. It's a dangerous world out there. Think ahead and proceed with caution.

Back