When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help date this Western Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lemurhouse

On Training Wheels
Hi. First time posting here. Can you gurus please help me date this Western Flyer 24" girls bike? Serial number J83313 suggests that it was built by Schwinn, same as 1953 Meteor model J-80. And it looks very similar to the Meteor.

But the grips, the pedals, and the skip tooth chain/ring seem older to me.

Its been sitting in my garage for ten years. My wife (she's tiny) rides it sometimes.

Thanks for your help.

PS: When I first looked into this bike nine or ten years ago, I somehow got the idea that it was a 1938 model. But for the life of me I can't remember how or why I came to that conclusion and now can't find any serial number reference except on the Schwinn database, which seems to hit the mark pretty well...

Western Flyer (4).JPG

Western Flyer (5).JPG

Western Flyer (6).JPG

Western Flyer (7).JPG

Western Flyer (10).JPG

Western Flyer (14).JPG

Welcome for your first time post. The WF badge is post-war, they also used 1" pitch chainrings and parts after the war due to having a lot of extras, I want to say Hawthorne built. But there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that will chime in. Very clean ladies bike by the way.
V/r
Sean

Back