When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Howard Gordon

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I want to clean-up and service this bike to add to my collection. I have some good used tires and a light for it, but need a head badge and some rat trap pedals. What badge should I be looking for? Thank you. Howard Gordon "Still havin fun"
100_5220.JPG
100_5221.JPG
100_5222.JPG
100_5223.JPG
100_5224.JPG
100_5225.JPG
100_5226.JPG
100_5227.JPG
100B5210.JPG

Close but no cigar. That Elgin king looks 100% davis made in the linked thread. I think this machine is older. Turn of the century? I'll do some digging, I have seen that ring before.

Badge holes are top bottom on your machine...so probably not that Nyack badge...but pope manufactured may help in the search. Also is serial on seatube?

I don't think that the chainring is Pope manufactured. He took over Nyack in 1901 along with Spaulding & numerous other small companies. American bicycle company decals were put on the bikes. It is stated in the catalogs that he took over the manufacturing of these bikes. I don't see the feasibility of changing the tooling to make these bikes for one year. I believe that it was all a matter of getting rid of the completion. Nyack made the frames & handlebars but purchased all the other components from other suppliers. I've seen this chainring on another bike somewhere. Possibly it was on a number of other smaller manufacturer's bikes in that era. On my bike ,underside of the bottom bracket is a patent date of Nov.13,1888. Hope this could be of some help.

Back