When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help, I Was Given This Bike By Way Of My Mother's Friend

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lynnette Knapp

On Training Wheels
My mother had a pair of bikes sitting in her garage for years and had been given to her by some friends that they sat in their garage for years. My husband has decided if it's actually a vintage bike, we'll restore it, if not it isn't worth keeping around as we're going to be moving. The possibility or not has lead me on a journey of vintage bikes and restoration projects. I know little about bikes.
20160903_111600.jpg
20160903_111156.jpg
20160903_111428.jpg

The bike is a mid 60s I think Ross built for Western Auto Stores. It is actually in pretty nice shape and could be cleaned up and ridden. Unfortunately it has very little collector value-- about $30. V/r Shawn

Well, I think the decision is that since it would be a good starter project in restoration; that I'm going to be able to clean it up etc and who knows from there. I found out when my father was a teen he rode a Western Flyer around Lake Michigan around 1957.

Thank you, I have to say, after hearing my dad's stories as a result of this bike, I am bitten and can't wait to fix her up and look towards finding a future project of the bicycle kind. Love reading the posts too.

1965-70 Western Flyer. It was built by Huffy for Western Auto Stores. If you want to know the exact year, there will be a vin number near the rear axle.

The very first number indicates the last digit in the year of manufacture. For example, if your vin reads, 9H, your bike was built in 1969.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back