When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

please Help ID my childhood Klunker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is an actual Puch label Muscle bike

E3D2E288-25FF-450B-8D10-002FD73F0979.jpeg

I wish I had pictures of the girls bike I have with very similar features. I believe it has the same cranks that I have yet to be able to remove, and the same stem. It's badged "Standard" made in Germany. Unfortunately searching for Standard bicycle on Google returns pretty crap results so I couldn't find much info on the brand.

-----

The forum has had prior thread or two on Standard of Germany examples.

Just to confuse things a bit there is also a Jaguar Standard badge from that nation.

There was also a Standard marque manufactured in the low countries and one in Australia as well.

-----

I just need to figure out exactly your definition of complex lugs. The reason being it is very unclear to me. I know this is often the case with unfamiliarity. You can see the “ghost” lines on my bike that I cannot. If there was an existing lug head that was clear it would be very helpful. Did any of the bikes above look to have this detail juvela?
Here is a cheat sheet of archived EBay sales. Tap in your favorite item and start the clock ha

-----

wrt chainset posted immediately above -

The Styria/Steyr/Puch/Austro-Daimler entity is certainly large eno' that it is within conceivability that they might make some of the own chainsets but doubt it to be the case. One possible maker of the set in the citation is Thun. Do not question that the set listed may have come off of a Steyr product.

-----

German manufacturers were pretty obsessive about at least labeling/stamping parts with their name. I can't say they made all of their parts in house but they liked to give that impression.

This is a Scheuer "Aristocrat" kid's bike I cleaned up a few years ago (disregard the Schwinn saddle) - it has the same chainwheel as OP's. This is a note I made in the customer's digital album, "Designed and marketed by American entrepreneur William Scheuer, this model bicycle was constructed in W. Germany and imported into the USA during the 1960's for the growing American trade."

No markings on the crankset but included is a pic during the cleaning.

3RFVUf3.jpg

gaU1aKe.jpg

Back