When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help Identify a Hiawatha/Gambles - 3spd internal hub !

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hunh?

On Training Wheels
Hello y’all ~ I’m new here.

Just found this beauty at an antique store off the highway in Minnesota for $10 !!
Incredibly, it didn’t even need air in the tires, and the shifter worked.

When I can get better pics I will post them here, I only have these at the moment.

I’ve scoured the thing & flipped it upside down for any serial numbers and can’t find a thing.

*pedal off left side for roof-top travel

7B8352EB-747C-4F41-B6BC-6679198AEE4B.jpeg

AF778507-C133-408F-B0DD-EDAA0BD65F62.jpeg

8C54B7A0-B50A-42C6-BE41-C25EECB64878.jpeg

4374FE8C-E2C7-4CBA-9BAA-0F2B970C2E7F.jpeg

3D87DD87-E7D2-44C9-93DD-F9B383D1AA39.jpeg

A mid '70s, box store, touring bike with no collectable value but if everything works it will be decent transportation. V/r Shawn

Welcome to the CABE! That’s a great buy at $10 if it doesn’t need much. What brand of rear hub does it have? I’ll bet it’s a Sturmey Archer or Shimano. The bike itself was built by AMF Roadmaster for Gambles Dept Stores between 1971-1980. So, not valuable or genuinely collectible, but it is a decent American-made bike that can be good transportation and still better quality than anything at Walmart these days.

I owned a few Roadmasters in the past, and there was no way to decode the serial number. I did, however, find a date on the crankshaft when I took it out. Also, if this bike as a Sturmey Archer hub, that may also have a date code.

Back