When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

please help identify this bike, or at least the parts on it.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Slick4d4d

Finally riding a big boys bike
Found this bike at a local thrift store, the handlebars made me buy this bike which looks like it has been through a lot of changes in its life. The bike looks to have original been blue, it has star brakes, a Japanese rear derailleur system, the front is missing, an old style fork, and those unique handlebars with KSP grips. I'm curious to know if this bike came this way and lost a few things or if it's a Franken bike that I should part out.

20210930_173801.jpg

20210930_173809.jpg

20210930_173822.jpg

20210930_173839.jpg

20210930_173851.jpg

20210930_173901.jpg

20210930_173911.jpg

20210930_173928.jpg

20210930_173628.jpg

But what is it doing under the bottom bracket? Did Huffman go back to that in the 80s?

-----

brake set is Chang-Star BMX model, Taiwan

bar is early Asian MTB

-----
Thanks, the handlebars were a big help, I search them and found them on Cannondales and the Schwinn Sierra. @Archie Sturmer said it looks like a Huffman serial number but I haven't been able to find a Huffy like this one although it isn't as easy to search Huffy as it is Schwinn.

Thanks, the handlebars were a big help, I search them and found them on Cannondales and the Schwinn Sierra. @Archie Sturmer said it looks like a Huffman serial number but I haven't been able to find a Huffy like this one although it isn't as easy to search Huffy as it is Schwinn.

-----

knowing that the cycle was produced at the main Huffman plant in Celina Ohio is a big step forward with the identification

Huffman did a good deal of contract work for chainstores which had their own private labels

there is an excellent chance the bicycle would have been badged as something other than Huffy

-----

The very-similar looking Scout ATB has a Celina May 8, 1985 date-place code; (only about 3 weeks apart!).

Also, the model number stampings are different, the original post has a “26605” and the Scout ATB a “26545”.
Perhaps one started-out as an all-steel road racing bike and was converted to an ATB?

All those confusing stampings(!), wonder how they found enough room on the bicycle frames to fit all of the coded information; the serial sequence numbers might have been stamped elsewhere, (head tube or other).

Last edited:
Back