When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help identify this crank and sprocket

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fat tire trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I was looking through my old cranks and sprockets today to find something that is more appropriate to put on my 1918? Racycle than the Schwinn Sweetheart that came with it. I have this one sprocket that I thought might work. Then I discovered that the distance between the center of the crank and the sprocket peg hole was not standard. It actually has two holes, one is a lot closer to the crank than the standard size, and the other hole is a lot further. So I dug into my crank box and discovered that the hole in the center of the sprocket is a lot larger than the standard ones. I did find a crank that fits it. I also compared it to some Fauber sprockets that I have. Its peg spacing and its center hole are bigger than Fauber spacing also. Does anyone know what it goes to?
Thanks,
Chris

early_mystery_sprocket_1-1.jpg

early_mystery_sprocket_2-1.jpg

It's a Fauber chain ring, look on the chain ring closely for a Fauber Pat stamp on it. There may also be one on the crank arm.
The Fauber inch-pitch rings will have a mini tooth (more like a bump) between each drive tooth.

JKent

Last edited:
"It's a Fauber chain ring". You say that with confidence, are you sure it's a Fauber? That little bump between the teeth was very common on 1" sprockets for chain alignment.

I was looking through my old cranks and sprockets today to find something that is more appropriate to put on my 1918? Racycle than the Schwinn Sweetheart that came with it. I have this one sprocket that I thought might work. Then I discovered that the distance between the center of the crank and the sprocket peg hole was not standard. It actually has two holes, one is a lot closer to the crank than the standard size, and the other hole is a lot further. So I dug into my crank box and discovered that the hole in the center of the sprocket is a lot larger than the standard ones. I did find a crank that fits it. I also compared it to some Fauber sprockets that I have. Its peg spacing and its center hole are bigger than Fauber spacing also. Does anyone know what it goes to?
Thanks,
Chris

View attachment 559672
View attachment 559673
This Crank assembly was used on Gendron Bicycles. like 1908- 1914 era

I have one of those, 1" threads on the crank side, but a different chain wheel than the cloverleaf shown. My chain ring, that fits the odd crank, is more of a flower design, which I believe to be "emblem". I have the cones, which are helpful. It's a 6-point flower, and does not accommodate two different cranks with near or far drive pins, (but I have a power drill).

I also have a snowflake design chain ring with the 1" hole, but that one looks more like an Ivan Johnson; so there are features and styles that might be mixed, some perhaps later? Maybe the crank and chain ring did not originally go together?

I was also told that mine was a suspect fauber, but have not seen it in their literature.

Last edited:
I have one of those, 1" threads on the crank side, but a different chain wheel than the cloverleaf shown. My chain ring, that fits the odd crank, is more of a flower design, which I believe to be "emblem". I have the cones, which are helpful. It's a 6-point flower, and does not accommodate two different cranks with near or far drive pins, (but I have a power drill).

I also have a snowflake design chain ring with the 1" hole, but that one looks more like an Ivan Johnson; so there are features and styles that might be mixed, some perhaps later? Maybe the crank and chain ring did not originally go together?

I was also told that mine was a suspect fauber, but have not seen it in their literature.
Yale bicycles Toledo,ohio

Screenshot_20180705-191240.png

Stevens-like repair crank & sprocket; (less the one-size-fits-all two-piece repair crank).

Last edited:
Back