When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help identify this frame and mismatched parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ryan B

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm not sure what I have here, I know it is a bunch of mismatched parts just trying to figure out exactly what I've got. Thanks in advance. Serial number is F64763 on bottom bracket, rear wheel has a new departure model D hub.

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 138
1950-54 Cleveland Welding built frame. Serial number is under the bottom bracket if you want the exact year. Sprocket and guard are CWC as well.

I just posted in your other thread. 50-54 CWC frame, sprocket and guard. Rest is mismatched. There should be another stamp to the right of the serial which is needed to figure out the year. Either an ACw or 52Cw, 53Cw, etc.

The good news is this bike brought you to the cabe and possibly into an appreciation of classic bikes.
The bad news is this bicycle is not worth your time.
Peel the chainguard and sell to recoup your expense, donate the rest to a thrift store, look around and buy something that strikes your fancy that is more original and complete and don't be shy to ask opinions of what you are considering.
Chris

I've always liked the look of these frames, something about the way the chainstays go straight back and then curve up at the tail end is visually appealing. Looks like a bent crank arm took a chunk out of the frame on the drive side, easy enough to fill-weld and grind / file back into shape. Looks like you're a car guy, so should be easy. On a bike like this, I'd be tempted to go the rat rod route with it. Maybe drop some modern alloy wheels with fast tires under it.
Cheers, Geoff

The good news is this bike brought you to the cabe and possibly into an appreciation of classic bikes.
The bad news is this bicycle is not worth your time.
Peel the chainguard and sell to recoup your expense, donate the rest to a thrift store, look around and buy something that strikes your fancy that is more original and complete and don't be shy to ask opinions of what you are considering.
Chris

These are great frames to build up. Parts are easy to find. Looks like you just need a chain, seat, tires and fresh grease to ride. The frames generally sell for $75-$100 alone. You probably have $150 in parts there if you decide to part it out.

Look into the "Custom" and Rat Rod bike threads. There are plenty of bikes there with mismatched parts that many of the "bicycle has to be original" crowd won't give a second look at. This is all right .... I prefer original bikes myself ,however If you just want an old bike that's neat looking to tool around town on.....Use what you have here and have fun with it. The average folks on the street don't know anything about old bicycles and it will be 100% better then any China Built piece of junk. Give it a rattle can spray job. Do your learning on this bike. and most of all HAVE FUN. A few $$$$ spent for hours of enjoyment is well worth it.:o

Back