When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help identify this Schwinn.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brent Muir

On Training Wheels
This bike came into my possession and im trying to get as many details as possible. any help is appreciated. its pretty small.im guessing 20 -22". serial# MN535648

30831559_10155934702971998_193391406_n.jpg

Dec 1977 build 1978 model Schwinn 10 speed. The photo is not clear enough but probably a Continental or Sierra or Continental II. Could even be a Varsity as I can't see tne fork well enough. Tubular fork is one of the 3 and Astabula cast fork means a Varsity. Schwinn was playing with names in those years. Roger

Forged crank so it is most likely a Varsity. Good riding bike but not a lot of value. Schwinn made millions of them. I have several and enjoy riding and working on them but you are not going to make a lot of money at resale time is that is what you are asking. Roger

The actual build date is stamped next to the I on the head badge. Looks like a 78 Varsity in Chestnut and it's pretty much all original.

The actual build date is stamped next to the I on the head badge. Looks like a 78 Varsity in Chestnut and it's pretty much all original.
sweet. after measuring the frame it appears to be 20". do you know what the value of this would be?

Forged crank so it is most likely a Varsity. Good riding bike but not a lot of value. Schwinn made millions of them. I have several and enjoy riding and working on them but you are not going to make a lot of money at resale time is that is what you are asking. Roger
thank you.

Our shop sees a lot of these old Varsity and Continentals surface. We don't buy them unless we need to restock salvage parts for particular repairs. I try not to pay more than $20 for bikes like this and that is not often. Very small to non-existent market for low end drop bar Schwinns from the '70s. The only people who want them spiffed up are the original owner or the new owner who thinks he has found the next Road Show find.

Our shop sees a lot of these old Varsity and Continentals surface. We don't buy them unless we need to restock salvage parts for particular repairs. I try not to pay more than $20 for bikes like this and that is not often. Very small to non-existent market for low end drop bar Schwinns from the '70s. The only people who want them spiffed up are the original owner or the new owner who thinks he has found the next Road Show find.
thank you. its a cool little bike so i'll probably just hold onto it.

it is always best to look at similar bikes on Craigslist in your area. prices are all over the place depending on where you live with LA and the Bay Area prices being more than everywhere else. I bought a similar bike for 10 bucks, no wheels or forks and other missing parts. all I needed was the frame and I sold the few extra parts and got it for free. I wouldn't sell that for less than $100.00 after cleaning it up and making everything work as it should.

Back