When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help, is this schwinn with anything?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Roxannne23

On Training Wheels
I am getting ready to have a garage sale and am just trying to find some info on this bike, so I know if is should sell it at the sale or not, and if I do what a good price might be for it. It was my Stepfather's, I have no idea when or where he got it from. It's been hanging in my garage for like 3 years, and had it before I moved before that. Not sure on any type of maintenance he did on it on the few times he used it while visiting me. I know absolutely nothing about bikes of any kind, besides how to ride one, so laimens terms would be very grateful.

I think I found the serial number and looked it up but that said it was a 57' and I don't think that's right.

I will put some pictures of it up, but it's still hanging right how, so when I get it down I will take some better ones. I can see there is some paint damage on it, but like I said I don't know anything else. I don't know what to even look for or take pictures of.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me get a general idea of the value. Please let me know if there is anything specific I should look at or take a picture of in order to help out.

Thanks

everyone!

Probably dates from the late '80's, in the 5th picture there's a "Made in Taiwan" sticker near the bottom of the seat tube, so it was made after manufacturing in Chicago had ended. It looks in good shape, but it's too new to have much collector value, although it would make a good rider for someone. Unless it has sentimental value, I'd ask $100.00 and see if there's any interest. You can always lower the price later if you can't get a nibble.

That was made by Giant in Taiwan and the frame date is in your picture. G for Giant and 1283 or December 1983. That would make it a 1984 model. Not much value and if it's in decent mechanical shape just needing new grease I'd say $125.

Back