When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me i.d. this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marius.suiram

I live for the CABE
Not mine, but it is possible to buy it
Interested about ID and age..
Looks that the fork doesn't belong to the bike.
Thank you

36434382_232836254113361_6546822312899903488_n.jpg

Is it a Shelby, chain ring and top tubes look like. I know that there were some old springer designs out there; Shelby had a weak Shock-ease design and patent. I thought Huffman had an odd design too. The lug joints on the seat stays is a peculiar design. A lot of curves, early post-war(?).
Antique-Vintage-Mens-Shelby-Springer-Cruiser-Black-And.jpg
1941 example above; but different.

Last edited:
That fork looks like a Durante springer. For those not as old as me, Jimmy Durante was a comedian/ singer with a trademark nose. Depending on what you want to do w/ it. I think it's got some coolness to it already. Believe early post war too, good luck w/ it.

The springer may look odd (points uphill or skyward), if the head tube bracket is upside down (ears down) instead of ears up. The installer may have thought ears down was cleaner looking.

Leon A. Smith of Shelby, filed for the patent in 1950, (for the springer shown above posts), and was granted # 2,298,494 in 1952.
The patent drawings show ears-up.

Back