When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me identify one of my favorite Schwinn's

-

one-eyed sailor

Finally riding a big boys bike
Head badge is 1908, so an '88 or maybe '98.
IMG_7214-2.jpg

Serial
IMG_7648-2.jpg

I'm not concerned with authenticity of components at this point, I just freaking love this bike.

IMG_7193-2.jpg

It fits me. I love the straight bar, they seem to be rare on Heavy-Duti's.
More than that, it is built like a tank.
Check out that waist compared to a 1965 HD KS.
IMG_8330-2.jpg

Elvis
IMG_8337-2.jpg

I have one other mystery Schwinn but I'll ask about her later.

Thanks Schwinn Family, happy Thanksgiving!

These were specific one color and changed colors by the year.

Listen to this biggest pile of internet BS that you could ever walk thru! Built since 1932 without change? Steering wheel? Bwa-ha-ha! 🤣

Make sure you wipe your feet after watching and listening to this vid.

Head badge is 1908, so an '88 or maybe '98.
View attachment 1738582
Serial
View attachment 1738583
I'm not concerned with authenticity of components at this point, I just freaking love this bike.

View attachment 1738585

It fits me. I love the straight bar, they seem to be rare on Heavy-Duti's.
More than that, it is built like a tank.
Check out that waist compared to a 1965 HD KS.
View attachment 1738587

Elvis
View attachment 1738588

I have one other mystery Schwinn but I'll ask about her later.

Thanks Schwinn Family, happy Thanksgiving!
In 1988 the Heavy Duti would have been a cantilever that is a 1998.

I never did look at the serial number after looking at the bike and the head badge. Looking at the serial number, it starts with F98. So that’s June 1998. I didn’t think these later serial numbers really meant anything, but that would match up with a headbadge. i’ve never really seen a serial number on the later pieces that would possibly be a date code.

I never did look at the serial number after looking at the bike and the head badge. Looking at the serial number, it starts with F98. So that’s June 1998. I didn’t think these later serial numbers really meant anything, but that would match up with a headbadge. i’ve never really seen a serial number on the later pieces that would possibly be a date code.

You think the frame is that old GT? I'd say 2008.

These were specific one color and changed colors by the year.

Listen to this biggest pile of internet BS that you could ever walk thru! Built since 1932 without change? Steering wheel? Bwa-ha-ha! 🤣

Make sure you wipe your feet after watching and listening to this vid.
Wow! It shows a guy who's supposed to be the narrator, but the voice is obviously a computer generated sales spiel that doesn't even match up! I wonder which shadowy corner of the internet this came from?

I have a buddy who has a contract to clean and replace the bikes at the plants around here in Houston and they all look identical to this one, same color, same setup etc. They're good to make customs out of....

Back