When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

please help me identify this bike I found today, Westfield

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Westfield

On Training Wheels
Westfield paratrooper, I would love to identify the year it was and possibly any type of value, Thank You!

81941599-3C1B-4DBE-AAB7-E57573A906B9.jpeg

2F5E6B39-2567-4ADF-9C4B-0C0F0D593A87.jpeg

8E1A461A-A4EB-4E1C-BB45-DFD593756ED4.jpeg

4EF0BB33-8BD7-4C40-B3B9-7E9D91C506A3.jpeg

Hi,

A very pretty modification and paint job (-:

K156184 was built mid 1946. Numbers that year ran from K5000 to K256116.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thank You so mich! from doing some research on this site i thought maybe a 46, would you have any idea the value?
Wish i could take credit for the upgrades

Compax's in various conditions can range from a couple of hundred dollars to around $800 for one in mint original condition. I did sell an original WWII example for over $2,000 a few years ago but that was an exeptional case. These are the prices I've seen after owning about 10 of them and still have 7. I have 3 1946's and have paid about $200 - $300 for each. I have no idea what the motor modification does for the value. Repaints generally hurt values as most collectors these days want original paint bikes.

Removing the motor kit I would put this bike around $250 but it is just a guess as it is all about who wants it and what they are willing to pay.

I hope some of this helps.

Hi again.

I don't value bikes, since value is a subjective assessment (ie, they are worth what someone will pay for them) and it has caused me grief in the past.

I can tell you that the frame is the more desireable Balloon Tyre version (there's a narrow tyre version too), and by itself would be $200 give or take, but it is nice, so possibly a bit more. The lining and paint job are non standard, non factory, and since they seem to match the N°29 on the tank, were probably done when it was converted.

The motor modification is something I know nothing about, how much value it adds, or whether someone would buy it to transfer to another bike. I suggest repeating your request in the Motorized Bicycles section here:

https://thecabe.com/forum/index/motorized-bicycles.30/

Also, to avoid confusion, although it says 'Paratrooper', this is a sales gimmick. It's not actually a paratroop bicycle, although bikes of this type were supplied to the military during the WW2.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Adrian

It took Dave on this forum over a month to sell one with the original folding bars and an extra balloon wheel for $150. Ole vince on this forum had a frame, pedals, and bottom bracket set-up; His frame was in original paint and had strong decals, it sold this year for $50 but took several months to sell.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1946-westfield-compax-paratrooper-balloon-tire-bicycle.156180/
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/compax-paratrooper-frame.150354/

I'd value that motor kit at $300-400 tops if you can find someone who wants it.

Good luck.

Hi again.

I don't value bikes, since value is a subjective assessment (ie, they are worth what someone will pay for them) and it has caused me grief in the past.

I can tell you that the frame is the more desireable Balloon Tyre version (there's a narrow tyre version too), and by itself would be $200 give or take, but it is nice, so possibly a bit more. The lining and paint job are non standard, non factory, and since they seem to match the N°29 on the tank, were probably done when it was converted.

The motor modification is something I know nothing about, how much value it adds, or whether someone would buy it to transfer to another bike. I suggest repeating your request in the Motorized Bicycles section here:

https://thecabe.com/forum/index/motorized-bicycles.30/

Also, to avoid confusion, although it says 'Paratrooper', this is a sales gimmick. It's not actually a paratroop bicycle, although bikes of this type were supplied to the military during the WW2.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thank You !

Back