When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me identify this part found on Colombia model 65! I’m new to this!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nick19

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I recently found this Columbia pope model 65 Chainless basketcase while hunting for vintage motorcycles, i bought it and I put the bike back together the best I could I beleave all the parts to be original even the wood rims have some of the black paint with the two gold stripes on them however there is this metal peice with a star right above the badge and below the stem. I didn’t move the part this is how I found it. Was curious if anyone knows what this is and who made it! Once again any info helps on this part and the bike in general! This is my first antique bike and I’m already hooked they are so cool I plan on keeping this bad boy for a while! Thank you all for the help! -nick

902BCD28-EF7D-4E1F-9686-B2EB886640D1.jpeg

BE413AB4-7294-46B1-B365-C081B08C3732.jpeg

DB4B56A2-8EA1-42CC-9307-4053FD48FA58.jpeg

F89E5DFA-4F42-42AF-BBEE-FF44699C455A.jpeg

D76243CA-BBD9-489F-9999-7D2EC0D0A2CA.jpeg

60AB9532-05F5-4486-A22B-610764032030.jpeg

I recently found this Columbia pope model 65 Chainless basketcase while hunting for vintage motorcycles, i bought it and I put the bike back together the best I could I beleave all the parts to be original even the wood rims have some of the black paint with the two gold stripes on them however there is this metal peice with a star right above the badge and below the stem. I didn’t move the part this is how I found it. Was curious if anyone knows what this is and who made it! Once again any info helps on this part and the bike in general! This is my first antique bike and I’m already hooked they are so cool I plan on keeping this bad boy for a while! Thank you all for the help! -nick

View attachment 981667

View attachment 981668

View attachment 981669

View attachment 981670

View attachment 981671

View attachment 981672
Nice score! I wish I was that lucky.

It was likely a 20th century bike, made by the American Bicycle Company (or ABC), who I believe were successors to the Pope Manufacturing Co?

I have a lamp that works that will work on that bracket if you are looking.

The Everlit, Edward Miller and Co.

Back