When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me identify this patriotic bike

• Thread starter Notinmylivingroom
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
N

Notinmylivingroom

First of all, I am new here and love the site. I am a Schwinn collector but I am venturing out alittle. Enough about me, lets talk about this bike. I saved this patriotic beauty from its fate of the crusher. The bike has the Firestone Fleetwood Headbadge but other pieces of the puzzle dont fit. Can anyone help me with it. The bike is a greenish color under the red white and blue. If anyone has a real photo of what this bike should look like it would be greatly appreciated. I plan on restoring this beauty. Thanks all in advance, Brad

Attachments

• Picture 3823.jpg
    Picture 3823.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 118
  • Picture 3824.jpg
    Picture 3824.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 82
here is the catalog page and a photo of mine. the bike is a Twin Flex made by Huffman. they were offered through Firestone as well as other names. let me know if you need any more info.
Scott:cool:
1939SSFirestonepg16.gif

vbulletin

let me add that your bike appears to be a 1938 whereas the ad and my bike are 1939s. I posted the 1939 catalog because the bike pictured in the 1938 catalog is the infamous Death bike. technically yours was considered by Huffman to be a 1939 though it was out mid 1938. this is denoted by the Firestone Fleetwood badge (1937 had Fleetwood only, and 1939 had Firestone only) as well as the straight down tube (not all 1938's had straight down tubes but no 1939's did if that makes sense) your bike is missing several expensive parts and has several wrong parts. the fenders and chainguard are incorrect for your bike. I have a 1938 girls Twin Flex for sale if you are interested, it isn't cheap but it has some of the rare parts you would need including aluminum fenders and chain guard.
vbulletin

Scott:cool:

Since you are a Schwinn collector, I'm sure you know that pogo seat is a fairly rare and valuable item. Nice find!!
John

Back