When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me with identifying this tank....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Beamer

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello Caber's I would like to tap the brain trust to help me figure out what type (model) of bike this tank belongs to. I've been searching the web and have some longshot guesses. Hawthorne's, Rollfast D P Harris or Comet. The original color looks to be olive copper-tone with white pinstripes. It's in great shape so I'm thinking post war, horn looks to be in great shape. Tanks alot for all the info I hope to glean to help me on my way to building a bike around this piece. Peter
tank1.jpg

Peter i think your on the right track! my guess is rollfast / snider built maybe late 40's to early 50's its (not) a cwc for shure hope this helps Richard...

Hey, you folks are such a great resource.....Thanks for your time and attention. Plenty to go forward with in my hunt for a frame. Peter

There’s 2 similar tanks, Colson & Snyder, can’t really tell on my phone but just the angles are a little different, another thread about this a while back.
Maybe Snyder had holes on the right side and Colson had holes on the left hand side; (also notice that the bottom inside of the tank is not rolled or folded upward)?
What does the right side of tank look like?

Last edited:
Back