When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

please help me with my skip tooth western flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barkeep

Finally riding a big boys bike
I got my pick up only ebay purchased western flyer and am searching for info. It is a 24" and has me stumped as far as year ect. I have never had a 24" so I'm not sure if the serials are different with frame size as i know its murray built and i can't seem to match it via the murray serial chart. here is a picture.

IMAG1530-1.jpg

I loved the graphics and being local pick up i had to get it. It has a musselman rear hub, skip tooth sprocket, goodyear air wheel g3 tire (front was trashed) and remnants of a fender light. Ive searched for similar models and paint schemes but have turned up empty other than a murray vanguard on Daves site. http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle1221/picture4406

If anyone has any info as far as year, model, literature i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

IMAG1539-1.jpg

IMAG1535-1.jpg

IMAG1537-1.jpg

PERSONALLY, I think you have a VERY IMPORTANT bike there. Not to mention, EXTREMELY F#@%!$G KOOOOOOOL!

Thanks for the compliments. I really loved the airplane styled chainguard and rack and the airplane tank decal. Exactly what do you mean by ”important”? I started wiping her down and she is cleaning up nice. Still cant find info or other pics of similar bikes. on a side note, if anyone has a single goodyear airwheel g3 in 24” pm me.

Thanks for the compliments. I really loved the airplane styled chainguard and rack and the airplane tank decal. Exactly what do you mean by ”important”? I started wiping her down and she is cleaning up nice. Still cant find info or other pics of similar bikes. on a side note, if anyone has a single goodyear airwheel g3 in 24” pm me.

Again, IN MY OPINION. Historically, your bike is a perfect representation of postwar middle class America. The graphics have survived amazingly well. I hope you intend to leave it at a good cleaning and waxing.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. I also think the graphics personify the times as well as the state of mind... And yes a clean and polish along with some correct parts and ill be done. I like being 6' and 145, I can ride this bad boy.

year

I believe it is a 1953, Phil or Scott please correct me if Im wrong just going by the m o s stamp, and that is 53' in my book.

Back