When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help with identification!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ricollector

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello fellow Cabers,
I just picked this bicycle up from an estate auction. I would like to know the make and year. I have not worked with 28 inch steel clad rims and tires. Where would I purchase tires and how to mount on the rims? The seat bracket that connects to the front spring and both rear springs is broke. I am looking to purchase a replacement seat bracket. All or any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your help!!!

Thank you for the help. Would you know how to de-code the serial number stamped on the bottom bracket?

I have a similar ride, but Colson, not Shelby. I replaced the rims with alloy 700c's off a donor bike. Tires are much cheaper and easier to get. I did lace the hubs in, and replaced the spokes too. Good luck with your motobike.

20220719_131143.jpg

Yes, very nice Shelby Cycle Co 28"-er, late depression motobike as mentioned. "H" serial number, wheel size, pinched seat stays and badge shape put it in the 1932 to early 34 range. Shelby pinched seat stays on their 34 & 35 26" moto frames as well. Really nice and un-messed with, which is rare. Carefully cleaned, it will come around and maybe paint under the black as well. Please if you could, add it to the Shelby Serial Thread database. Pics of serial number, whole bike, fork and badge if you could..
Below is an earlier "H" serial number on a similar Shelby Cycle Co 28-er.
1662044441855.jpeg

Last edited:
Back