When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help

-

Please help identify these

• Are these both Schwinn's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What year is the one without the front tire?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BikerDude

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Need help with these bikes...Blue Schwinn has Air Force stickers on it. Is this a military bike? According to the serial number it was made 6/15/1950. The other bike is some kind of Whizzer, I think. From the looks of the sprocket I think it's a Schwinn?

Any info would be appreciated.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

welcome to the cabe! the blue bike is a schwinn racer, mid to late 60's. very nice riders. the second is most likely a schwinn also, but i am sure some of the experts will tell you more. nice bikes.

IMG_20131122_151840_543.jpg
Does the rusty bike have the dimpled frame on the left side for belt clearance?

Last edited:
The Schwinn DX was used for the Marman Twin, it was called the MP97. I think the Marman motor fit the DX frame better. Below is a photo of a factory Schwinn DX/ MP97 bike with heavy duty wheels, heavy duty springer forks, a dimpled frame, and welded on, pork-chop brake clamp. This has every feature of the WZ whizzer frame. It looks like your bike is just a standard DX frame, with part of a Marman tank like rustjunkie said, and Marman motor mounts.Do you know if somebody crimped/ dimpled the rear left chain stays?

wz507.jpg

skips actual bike.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. Sorry, I don't know if somebody crimped/dimpled the left rear chain stays.

I don't think this frame has been crimped. I will sell the Schwinn DX/Marman but will be keeping the blue bike. My father purchased it new and I will keep it in the family. I have special memories of that bike....like when I was 7ish and my dad gave me a ride sitting on the cross bar and I managed to put my foot in the front spokes.

Back