When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please i.d. These Wheels from a mid 1940's B6

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lounging

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Please reply if you know the maker of these 26" wheels with a New Departure model D rear hub. thank you
DSC_1342.JPG
DSC_1335.JPG
DSC_1336.JPG
DSC_1339.JPG
DSC_1340.JPG
DSC_1341.JPG

The later lobdell hoops weren't marked as far as I know.my 46 has the same wheels and they disappeared after 47 when Schwinn came out with the S2 rim.I also have a spare set with no markings.

The later lobdell hoops weren't marked as far as I know.my 46 has the same wheels and they disappeared after 47 when Schwinn came out with the S2 rim.I also have a spare set with no markings.

Thank you island schwinn and PlasicNerd. I don't know what the early S2's look like

Someone pulled the spokes way too tight. The spokes shouldn’t pass all the way through the nipple, it should be flush. Also, the nipple could snap if the spokes are too short.
There is something about the lacing that bothers me. What gauge spokes? I've had success in pushing the metal back down but some look like they’re past the point of no return. I’ve personally seen these on Monark, Columbia, and Shelby bicycles. Lobdell was probably an ink stamp long gone.

Thank you island schwinn and PlasicNerd. I don't know what the early S2's look like
THE 'S-2' RIMS WERE FORMED INTO A ROLLED TUBULAR SHAPE.
MUCH STRONGER THAT THE LOBDELLS.
THE FIRST 'S-2'S' IN '48 DID NOT HAVE THE TRACKING STRIPS ON THE TOP,
BUT NOT FOR TOO LONG AFTER MAYBE STILL IN '48!

Back