When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PLEASE POST YOUR BUILD SHEETS ORDER FORMS so we can know what is right

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
Okay Iver buddies,, here's what a 1928 Iver Johnson order form looks like when the dealer placed an order for your new bicycle. To the best of my knowledge, no other bicycle manufacturer allowed this much customizing...correct me if I'm not right.

attachment.jpg

First one.
I have seen colson and schwinn- this could be a good resource!

At one time, you could order your bike from the dealer like you did your car, "ala cart".

I've seen some Huffmans with variations that were not in the catalogs. OEM tail lights on bikes that didn't come with them standard or springer racks, some came with fender ornaments and some did not, I have a bike in a color that nobody else has and nobody can explain it. I know of one other like mine but it is totally destroyed.

I suspect my bike was either a special order or an attempt by Huffy to use up old black paint, an uncommon color on 60's American bikes. It's a '63 model without a tank, with decal headbadges, indicating that it was built in the Azusa, California plant, or so I was told. Perhaps it was left over Penguin paint? Who knows.

I've also heard rumor that my bike could be one of a very limited run of early or late model year bikes, similar to what was done with cars to stimulate sales. I'm unaware of any car, bike, truck, or motorcycle company building special vehicles for such a thing, except for Chrysler in the 50's. Examples of that would be the Silver Challenger or La Femme.

I wish more documentation existed for our bikes...

Last edited:
Where do you guys find all these old build sheets?!

I mean, it's not like restoring a car where the build sheet is hidden in the car seat, door, 1/4 panel, or behind the dash. It's hard to hide a build sheet inside a bike, much less for it to be retrievable or even legible.

These bikes weren't classic nor collectible 50 years ago, so the build sheets probably got tossed with the manuals and receipts. HOW do you guys find them? Where are they?

find them in the steer tube and seat tube are the 2 I know of

I mean, it's not like restoring a car where the build sheet is hidden in the car seat, door, 1/4 panel, or behind the dash. It's hard to hide a build sheet inside a bike, much less for it to be retrievable or even legible.

These bikes weren't classic nor collectible 50 years ago, so the build sheets probably got tossed with the manuals and receipts. HOW do you guys find them? Where are they?

steer tube and seat tube are the 2 I know of

Mine was rolled up inside the seat tube on a 39 liberty c mod. I heard it sliding back and forth... unfortunately I couldn't get it past a certain spot in the frame so I had to practicality destroy it getting it out.

Back