Poor Man's Fender Roller

This ad disappears when logged in

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
Jun 12, 2016
Eureka, CA
Nothing ultra-techno to be found here, but a couple radii to pound against for that fender that needs a little "attitude adjustment."
I used a hole saw which is about as thick as a fender. The slots in the round leave clearance for the edge roll.
IMG_0940.JPG

The blocks can be used as a set, or either one can be mounted in a vise and used with a soft hammer.
IMG_0941.JPG

39zep

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 10, 2007
Mission Viejo, United States
I’m pretty simple. I chucked the caster in a hand drill. Spun the caster up against my disk sander and shaped different wheels.
The unintended benefit of using the Jorgensen clamp was being able to change the angle of the wheel. I could make it pinch down on either side of the main wheel which allowed me to be able to go right up against an edge seam or right up to the peak of a Roadmaster fender.

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
Jun 12, 2016
Eureka, CA
I’m pretty simple. I chucked the caster in a hand drill. Spun the caster up against my disk sander and shaped different wheels.
The unintended benefit of using the Jorgensen clamp was being able to change the angle of the wheel. I could make it pinch down on either side of the main wheel which allowed me to be able to go right up against an edge seam or right up to the peak of a Roadmaster fender.
Thanks for sharing this bit of home grown genius.

Rivnut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 24, 2012
Shawnee, United States
I just worked on a set of peaked Roadmaster fenders with a hammer from my body and fender set and a bag of playground sand. The sand is moist enough and in a bag so that it doesn't shift easily. The hammer has just the right curve so that when the dent is out, the hammer head fits against the rest of the fender and you can't go too far. If the dent is on the rolled edge, a little bit of spot putty works well.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture