When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poor Man's Fender Roller

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’m pretty simple. I chucked the caster in a hand drill. Spun the caster up against my disk sander and shaped different wheels.
The unintended benefit of using the Jorgensen clamp was being able to change the angle of the wheel. I could make it pinch down on either side of the main wheel which allowed me to be able to go right up against an edge seam or right up to the peak of a Roadmaster fender.
Thanks for sharing this bit of home grown genius.

I just worked on a set of peaked Roadmaster fenders with a hammer from my body and fender set and a bag of playground sand. The sand is moist enough and in a bag so that it doesn't shift easily. The hammer has just the right curve so that when the dent is out, the hammer head fits against the rest of the fender and you can't go too far. If the dent is on the rolled edge, a little bit of spot putty works well.

Back