When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poor mans krate let’s see them

-
A true poor man could not afford a Krate at all. I was that kid always getting hand-me-downs. So naturally, nowadays i gravitate towards Huffy’s. Heres a Rail I recently acquired. A true poor mans Krate!

2CFB48C9-A8B0-43FE-BD14-B49D369B6DD0.jpeg

If i ever get to town i can go pluck a red one out from under a garage right where it was left in late 70s, was a neighbor friend ,always thought it was dorky with the little front tire, seen it 7 yrs ago renting a stepping stone after selling my house unexpectingly 3 days after i put up a sign.

I know this is an old thread but I figure I'd try and resurrect it, I am building a 70 Apple coaster Krate. Trying to figure out the details on the rear wheel setup, what's it supposed to have? S2 Rim? what hub? which brake? Sprocket?

A true poor man could not afford a Krate at all. I was that kid always getting hand-me-downs. So naturally, nowadays i gravitate towards Huffy’s. Heres a Rail I recently acquired. A true poor mans Krate!

View attachment 1085320
Might have been cheaper back then but today they bring more than a stingray. I sold my huffy rail slingshot 3 a few years back for $1500! Picked it up for $100 just 4 years or so prior. Crazy price jumps!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

My first foray into the vintage muscle bikes was stumbling across a bike in a barn I thought looked cool, so i got it for 20 bucks. It's a 66 Huffy Dragster. I'm just waiting on a my rear tire to show up and I'll put her back together. Still a bit of rubbing and polishing to go though.

My first foray into the vintage muscle bikes was stumbling across a bike in a barn I thought looked cool, so i got it for 20 bucks. It's a 66 Huffy Dragster. I'm just waiting on a my rear tire to show up and I'll put her back together. Still a bit of rubbing and polishing to go though.
Awesome bike at an insane deal!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Back