When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pope motorcycles sold in Winnipeg, Canada in 1911 at the West End Cycle Shop 1911

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
The pictures are kinda dark/scanned but clearly there were Pope motorcycles sold there along with Brantford bicycles too. Not visible in these scans, but the 2nd picture has a "Pope motorcycles" sign below the "Brantford Bicycles" sign and of course all the motorcycles to the right of the owner. West End Cycle Shop- Winnipeg 1911.

Scan_20220803 (7).jpg

Scan_20220803 (6).jpg

Scan_20220803 (5).jpg

Bob I have the same pictures framed. I showed them to Ross and he didn't know any Pope motorcycles were sold here. No Pope bikes are in any collection here. Maybe they tried selling them but may have given them back to Pope when they didn't sell. Lots of Indian bike were sold here. The picture with the 2 guys has a calendar behind them. The year is 1910, I think April is the month. These came from Winnipeg archives and a lady remade them on a foam backing.

cool old pictures, very rustic/frontier look of a bike shop .... I dig it

when was Brantford "absorbed" by CCM?
1910-1911 seems kind of late
Was the Brantford sign advertising Brantford bikes for sale, CCM Brantford bikes for sale, or was it a "vintage" sign by 1910-1911?

Back