When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Porcupine Hub

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Picked up some TOC stuff today which is way out of my wheelhouse. Got this 36 spoke hub. Were these specific to certain applications or used generally in a certain time period? V/r Shawn

DSC_0449.JPG

DSC_0450.JPG

Thanks I'll do a little more research. If nothing else I'll throw it up on Ebay and let a buyer decide what its for! V/r Shawn

Looks to me like it's off a "Liberty". I could be wrong. I have a pic of the front hub but it's difficult to see so I'm adding a pic of the rear hub to compare.

Hope this helps.

Image 4.jpg

Like I said, I could be wrong because it says right here in their write up that it was widely copied but, it does look like a "Liberty" to me.

BookReaderImages.php 2.jpeg

I'll have to check to see if mine has the oil port--don't think it does though. Maybe fronts didn't have an oil port though. V/r Shawn

I looked at all my Overman (Victor and Victoria) straight pull hubs and it's not a match
The Victor and Victoria hubs are much skinnier and they don't have an oiler
At least on my 3 bikes. Might be different on others.
Max

Back