When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Portland, OR. Spring Auto Swap Meet

-

Shawn Michael

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Are any fellow Cabe members setting up a booth or attending the annual spring auto swap meet in Portland, Oregon?
It's next weekend April 6th, 7th, and 8th, and is usually a good spot to hunt for old bikes and parts.
The place is huge and can be daunting, however it is a great place to hunt.
'Shawn M.

Last edited:
I'll be at the racetrack # 1492 & 1493. stop by, spend some money, and share a cold one with us Shawn.

I'd rather not share, could you just let me have my own beer?
Yes Dave you may have your own beer. It would be great to see some of my Cabe friends. I am thinking of possibly going on Friday. Can I bring my own cooler in? I think they want $6 or $7 a beer.

Are you taking the senior center bus down to the swap meet this year,or should we just meet you at the Tiki?

Senior Center Bus. Since they know we'll never be able to find our way back, they'll have long leashes for us to wear, so they can just reel us in at the end of the day.

Yep it’s been getting picked over on setup day (Wednesday) by the vendors pretty hard. The bikes that are overlooked are in my mind junk to me... I go just because I have 2 muscle cars that needs some parts along with the hope of picking up some bike parts...

Just finished unloading the truck and putting things away after the Portland Swap. Here's some of the "over priced/ picked over junk" I managed to find. 30's Sky Skipper tricycle, '46/'47 Schwinn original paint bike, Messinger sliding rail saddle, Delta Super Rocket Ray, a handful of reflectors, and a new un-used Schwinn repop locking springer for $50. I agree the bike stuff isn't plentiful, but if you search hard and have a positive outlook you will find something to bring home. I also look for advertising items and hot rod parts, and I really enjoy seeing friends from Cali, Oregon, and Canada. So all in all I had a great time.
trike1.jpg
blue 1.jpg
IMG_20180409_160751314.jpg

Back