When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible 1930's Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MSmith

On Training Wheels
Can anyone help identify the tricycle shown below? It was my mother's and we think it may have been from the 1930's.

Tricycle - Back.jpg
Tricycle - MFG Info.jpg
Tricycle - Seat.PNG
Tricycle - Side 2.jpg

This is a Frank F. Taylor tricycle and does appear to be a mid/late 1930s model. The rear step plate design is the positive identifier along with the heavy duty main frame tube. The streamlined Troxel seat was used on their '30s trikes of the art deco era. Taylor is also known for their Taylor-Tot strollers which were made over a few decades.

Dave

Mike this one is later than the OPs and I'm thinking just prewar i.e. '40-1. Here is mine which I'm pretty sure is postwar-late '40s/early 50's. Looks like they grew truss rods and an extra badge as time went on. Maybe @ridingtoy @Oldbikes or @cr250mark could shed more light on this. As for value on yours I'd say about $100 would be tops but trikes can always be difficult to value. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Shawn, I think your dating is pretty accurate on the Taylor trike Mike posted. I'm basing that on the seat style with padded insert. One of mine has the same type seat but might be more into the war years since there's no chrome plated hubs or bicycle type spokes. The hubs are all painted steel and the wheels have welded spokes.

Dave

Phattiremike just answered a question I had about pedals by accident .
I was wondering if a set of pedals I have are for a tricycle and his blue trike has the same pedals .
thanks Mike

Back