When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible Klein prototype??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mudcyclery

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum. I need some help identifying a bike that I got from my father in law that worked for Klein for years. He saved several in assembled bikes and frames and he gave me one for selling a bunch for him years back and it's just way too small for me. He has dementia and can't remember what it is and I've looked at every single Klein catalog and none of them feature this bike and there is no info online about it. I'm wondering could it be a prototype they never produced? And if so how much could I really get out of it. It's in new condition with only 200 miles on it. It for sure came out of the Klein factory. It has the classic Klein american flag decal on the lower seat tube. Any help would be appreciated so much! Thank you in advance for taking time to help 🙂

Looks like a small Pinnacle frame with a custom paintjob. The STX Special Edition components, Death Grip tires, Zoom stem & bars, and bottle cage look like the package that came with the 1993-94 Fervors.

There are a couple good Klein groups on Facebook where former Klein employees hang out. (Klein friends and family is one) Post this up on one of those and maybe someone will shed some light on it.

Looks like a small Pinnacle frame with a custom paintjob. The STX Special Edition components, Death Grip tires, Zoom stem & bars, and bottle cage look like the package that came with the 1993-94 Fervors.

There are a couple good Klein groups on Facebook where former Klein employees hang out. (Klein friends and family is one) Post this up on one of those and maybe someone will shed some light on it.
Yeah maybe a custom paint job, but the maxim/septor decals really throw me off. Hey that's a good idea, I'll try reaching out to someone in that group. I appreciate your help very much! Enjoy your day

Wasn't there another Klein model that was issued for a few minutes that violated a British/Indian company's trademark? Could the same being going on here?

Wasn't there another Klein model that was issued for a few minutes that violated a British/Indian company's trademark? Could the same being going on here?
My knowledge of Klein history is very limited, but I do recall hearing something about Cannondale accusing Klein of copyright infringement way back.

My knowledge of Klein history is very limited, but I do recall hearing something about Cannondale accusing Klein of copyright infringement way back.
There was a Klein lawsuit where they sued Cannondale over the use of oversized welded aluminum tubing. They claimed patent infringement but lost.

The Top Gun is the only one I know of that had trademark issues. That model name was changed to the Rascal.
That is right, it was "Top Gun." Boulder Bikes was sued by Raleigh over the use of "Gazelle" as the English firm was still branding bikes with that name in India.

Back