When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible serial number discrepancy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

chiller662

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am going to look at a what comes up as a 53 Schwinn but the serial number is on the bottom bracket and not on the drop out. I know Schwinn did use frames from previous years but that would place it at two years past the point of the switch over.

Serial K00486

Also the tank does not seem rite for a 53

Any help would be much appreciated but if there is already a thread to this please direct me thankyou

The guy had it posted on here but I found it on market place near me I will take more pictures once I get there.

Last edited:
That last serial numbers used during war time were the K series numbers. The very early new postwar or pre postwar Continentals have shown up with the K serial numbers. I'd have to presume that DX is a 1946 model dating by just the serial.

have seen 2 many numbers that dont match the bike,judge the bike with the parts it has not the serial number,everytime someone shows a serial number someone will say thats the wrong number for that year etc,buy the bike by what parts are close to right for the bike in ?

Back