When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possibly downsizing my collection.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Should I post a couple groups of bikes or wait til things slow down and I can sell individual bikes.

• Post up a couple lots for local pickup

• Wait to sell individual bikes

Results are only viewable after voting.

ODDER

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’m considering downsizing my collection considerably. Interests have changed a bit and I have been working a lot so I have been thinking about letting some bikes go. Currently I don’t have time to box and ship individual bikes. Do you folks think people would be interested in buying in lots of 4 or 5 bikes to be picked up directly from me or should I wait til I have time to ship individual bikes. I should also note that most of my collection are early stingrays but I do have some 26” schwinns as well.

If you want to get the best price for each bike, waiting until you have time to sell/ship individual bikes will likely be your best bet, IMHO. I have also been downsizing my collection and recently sold a large lot of bikes to another collector/dealer. I was happy with the deal, but had I sold them individually on my own, I likely would have realized a higher price per bike.

Advertise them, take good pictures, set your prices, and see what happens.

Ok so I wanted to chime in on this because I did something similar a few years back. Ive been collecting bikes for a long friggin time and at one point I used to bring home everything, which led to a fairly large 80's BMX collection too. I think I was north of 30 or so just 80's bmx, scooters etc along with my prewars and balloon tire bikes. One day, as if led by God I woke up, realized I didnt care about the 80's stuff anymore and just started selling them like a used car salesmen. I had zero desire to pack and ship so I started selling some of them in bundle deals, 5 bikes for 600 bucks and so on. Im pretty sure I took loses on some of them but they left and I was solid and ok with that.
If you're trying to get top dollar, best option is saving time to ship each one....but if you're ready for them to GO like I was....make bundle deals and move em.

Ok so I wanted to chime in on this because I did something similar a few years back. Ive been collecting bikes for a long friggin time and at one point I used to bring home everything, which led to a fairly large 80's BMX collection too. I think I was north of 30 or so just 80's bmx, scooters etc along with my prewars and balloon tire bikes. One day, as if led by God I woke up, realized I didnt care about the 80's stuff anymore and just started selling them like a used car salesmen. I had zero desire to pack and ship so I started selling some of them in bundle deals, 5 bikes for 600 bucks and so on. Im pretty sure I took loses on some of them but they left and I was solid and ok with that.
If you're trying to get top dollar, best option is saving time to ship each one....but if you're ready for them to GO like I was....make bundle deals and move em.
I hear ya. Thanks. I might try to do a combination of the two. Just trying to make room for other projects.

Something I’ve noticed recently that I didn’t know about before is bikes being taken to local bike shop to have them break it down for shipping for customers out of town.
That way out of town customers can get a bike and you don’t have to worry about shipping.
just a thought.
YMMV

Something I’ve noticed recently that I didn’t know about before is bikes being taken to local bike shop to have them break it down for shipping for customers out of town.
That way out of town customers can get a bike and you don’t have to worry about shipping.
just a thought.
YMMV
Depends on the value of the bikes and whether this is cost effective. Most shops will charge at least $75-100 to pack and shipping can be another $150. At least for me, unless we're talking a bike worth at least a couple of grand, it ain't worth it. V/r Shawn

Back