When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possibly the oldest Schwinn catalog ? your thoughts....

-

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I was fortunate enough to acquire this very early Schwinn "Advance" catalog showing the first
line of bikes "The World" models. Small piece about 4 x 6 printed on high quality paper
with an embossed cover and decorative string bow. Really a gem and only maybe a dozen
pages with not much detail. Has anyone seen this catalog before?
My thoughts are 1895 or 6 and maybe one of the very first Schwinn catalogs in print.

I welcome any commentary or info.

world.JPG

world1.JPG

world2.JPG

world3.JPG

world5.JPG

After reading what you have there, I would guess This is pre catalog " Advance " presented to possible investors or dealers?

Exactly...that's what I suspected a "pre" catalog to the first line of bikes and yes...it has
7 models going from #1 - 7
I think my suspicions are confirmed on this one.

A priceless piece of Schwinn history.

Let the insane offers roll in...and watch me turn them dowwwwwwwn

Going from memory here but I believe AS&Co was formed in late ‘95 which I suspect is when this was printed. I actually believe the first year of production was 1896. An absolutely spectacular piece! V/r Shawn

Does anyone know of another one of these catalogs? I asked Mark M a few months
back and he had not seen or heard of this particular item.

An unbelievable find in a mixed lot of vintage paper goods on eBay.

May consider trade for extensive prewar and early postwar balloon bicycle collection.

Check your buildings and send me inventory lists.

Back