When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post a photo of a fender ornament you like.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Couldn't resist this guy , since I Elk Hunt every year just have to figure out what bike to mount it too supposedly was a 30's aftermarket ornament the seller told me awhile ago just can't bring myself to drill a hole yet in a fender for it ... Anyways great ornaments guys !
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443772652.574373.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443772663.978840.jpg

Cruising my Prewar Schwinn [emoji605]

Has anyone found any ornaments that are readily available? The ones on this thread are magnifcent but very costly and almost impossible to find. I was thinking of something that might have been made for a differnent purpose but makes a nice ornament and is cheap! Maybe a toy airplane or ?????

Many years ago I had a Schwinn American with terrible paint and rust. Decided to make it a Lionel GG 1 theme bike as I was a train collector at the time. I stripped, sanded, and painted it using Lionel factory colors, striped it in gold, and used repop decals on the chainguard. The final touch was supposed to be a small discast GG 1 as a fender ornament but a fellow train collector bought the bike before I got to mount it.

What I am actually looking for is some type of generic item that would look good on almost any bike, not just themed bikes, and is readily available on the cheap! I only have one or two what I would consider true collector bikes in original condition and I wouldn't want to drill holes in the fender for something like that, but I have a number of riders on which I could use a not too "hokey" ornament.

Always liked this one.

Attachments

• $_12lllllllllllllllllllllll.JPG
    $_12lllllllllllllllllllllll.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 184
Don't like drilling holes in fenders. Usually the older bikes already have holes where a light once was.
Try going to any flea market and think "what is here that I could use on my bike?'
You will be surprised of the neat things you will find.....lights, padlocks, saddlebags,reflectors and plenty of old toys that would look good bolted to your bike. I find lots of stuff that can be re purposed into something neat to bolt on a bike....always cheap.
The chrome airplane on the green Colson I posted earlier cost me $22. It has excellent plating too, and no cracks.
Pictured is another bike I have with a couple flea market finds...Have Fun with your bikes.... that's what it's all about.:)
003.JPG
004.JPG

If you want something cheap, look for some old trophies. You can get winged maidens, as well as bowlers, golfers, pretty much anything...

I stopped this post for a minute and looked up trophy supply places. You can get almost anything. Naked chicks, horse's asses, cars, bikes, planes... tons of stuff for a few bucks.

Very cool!

Don't like drilling holes in fenders. Usually the older bikes already have holes where a light once was.
Try going to any flea market and think "what is here that I could use on my bike?'
You will be surprised of the neat things you will find.....lights, padlocks, saddlebags,reflectors and plenty of old toys that would look good bolted to your bike. I find lots of stuff that can be re purposed into something neat to bolt on a bike....always cheap.
The chrome airplane on the green Colson I posted earlier cost me $22. It has excellent plating too, and no cracks.
Pictured is another bike I have with a couple flea market finds...Have Fun with your bikes.... that's what it's all about.:)View attachment 240456View attachment 240457

Back