eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 21, 2013
Rochester Hills, MI
I recently posted on here about a bike in the for sale section and find that my post has been deleted. There are other posts commenting on the bicycle for sale. My post only said "looks like powder coat. Paint looks very thick". It was removed. Why and by whom? Was it offensive? I made no disparaging comment, just an observation.

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
I know there are pros and cons to no comments in the for sale section but I think no comments might be for the better. In the last few days I've seen people hi-jack for sale threads by posting their own bikes and asking for parts (should have started their own "wanted" thread). Of course you always get the "cool bike" "wish I had the money" etc... . The other thing that would need to happen is eliminate Tapatalk because these users could post on the for sale section yet coudn't see price or location so you keep getting "How much" which is really annoying. Jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 24, 2017
Mechanicsville, MD, United States
I recently posted on here about a bike in the for sale section and find that my post has been deleted. There are other posts commenting on the bicycle for sale. My post only said "looks like powder coat. Paint looks very thick". It was removed. Why and by whom? Was it offensive? I made no disparaging comment, just an observation.
Did you use inappropriate language? Because I used "l!b3ral" and " f3ini5t" my post, and it was deleted for political reasons, a week or so ago.

hm.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Feb 10, 2018
Southern California
I did not see your comment but yes it does sound like you were trying to blow his sales

I saw the comment. It was just another mickey mouse poop post that hes known for.. to hurt a sale.

Reactions: piercer_99
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

hopkintonbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sep 21, 2019
Hopkinton, MA
Over on the Clarks Classic Fly Rod forum we stopped all replies on the Classified section for the same reason and on balance, it really hasn't affected the volume and quality of the For Sale postings, I have mixed feelings on that from a free speech perspective but I do understand how a seller might take offence, like my mother taught us, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 21, 2013
Rochester Hills, MI
Last comment...I wasn't trying to be rude...maybe should have posed it as a question to the seller. Believe it or not, I was interested in the bike and can afford it. Nice to see he has a possible sale on it already.

Reactions: WetDogGraphix

FSH

Aug 27, 2018
Corona
The comment section is just fine the way it is, and removing the post sounds appropriate. Rules of conduct should be observed by all parties in order to preserve enlightening exchanges, useful insights, and banter. However, if a person is a perpetual Debbie Downer, then block and report. I mean, who has time for that?

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
The comment section is just fine the way it is, and removing the post sounds appropriate. Rules of conduct should be observed by all parties in order to preserve enlightening exchanges, useful insights, and banter. However, if a person is a perpetual Debbie Downer, then block and report. I mean, who has time for that?
The reason I disagree with allowing comments is that the Administrators have enough to do on the Cabe without having to read each silly comment about"nice bike".my wife will kill me.Wish I had the money,etc. comments. if you say "nice bike" Buy it ! If your wife will kill you.divorce her.If you dont have the money.Get another job !! Thank you.my rant for the day !

FSH

Aug 27, 2018
Corona
I would not report positive comments, or what I believe to be genuine inquiries. And I don't believe anyone is advocating such actions.
This would be foolish and a waste of the administrator's time. However, negative comments, which may or may not be leveled in the hopes of financial advantage, grudges, or the authors pessimistic world view are never welcome.

FSH

Aug 27, 2018
Corona
The reason I disagree with allowing comments is that the Administrators have enough to do on the Cabe without having to read each silly comment about"nice bike".my wife will kill me.Wish I had the money,etc. comments. if you say "nice bike" Buy it ! If your wife will kill you.divorce her.If you dont have the money.Get another job !! Thank you.my rant for the day !
And by the way, many people said I have beautiful nuts, as part of a for-sale listing, and it didn't bother me a bit.

Last edited:

hm.

Feb 10, 2018
Southern California
Last comment...I wasn't trying to be rude...maybe should have posed it as a question to the seller. Believe it or not, I was interested in the bike and can afford it. Nice to see he has a possible sale on it already.
Nice try.
This post "is what it is"and thats..total..B.S!!

Good thing is..maybe others will learn from your mistake!

Reactions: FSH

frampton

May 31, 2012
unknown
If I have a question about the condition or specific details of an item for sale, I submit it through a PERSONAL MESSAGE.

Reactions: mrg and hm.
This ad goes away when you register for an account!