When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post pics of your "Fastback" zep-Hawthorne or rollfast

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think there were running changes or whatever might be on hand. Waterfall rods seem to be later in 37 according to ads. Story on this one is was bought by seller from daughter of original owner. Bike was "beat up" when she got it as her bike, so repaint on fenders and tank and terrible re-strip. Took most of repaint off and original stripping is correct. New stripping on frame better and seems to be over original stripping. Also of interest is chainguard. Exactly like teardrop cutout ones you see on Zeps, but no cutout teardrops ! Don't know what happened to lights which apparently have been missing forever. And for what I paid for it, bike has definitely not been "faked" and odds of that chainguard replacing one that got "lifted" are huge, especially since I can't find that guard without cutouts on anything else. Gotta love this stuff. So interesting and a fun part of wheeled history.

Zep frame bikes or...

When I posted my bike, and started this thread, I was not yet educated on these bikes yet. The bike I posted is actually a rollfast fastback sport model. Nothing rare at all here, but shares that killer frame with the "true" zep. But from what I gathered, and you're right Shawn, a real zep was a fully equipped bike with a locking fork.

View attachment 264362
Are all true Zeps black and white

bd01369123a65e71a9f3280fc0cd7c34.jpg
1d35f867aa38004d0c6ef5a7509c38a0.jpg

As found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I see Kickstand3 pix of Rollfast has that same non teardrop cutout chain guard as our 37 zep, which has no reason to not be original. These bikes all built in the same place, enforces my belief, that things changed as parts were available through the year. Also the handlebar stem on ours is period correct, but non art deco (as most Zeps seem to have) torrington that was painted silver, right along with the correct handlebars, pedals,crank,chainring and wheels trying to make the bike look "new" 60 years ago. I am leaving all that stuff as I feel it is correct for that particular bike. Now if you guys could find me a 8 sided Delta and someone would part with a Mouse for less then a million, I'd be set !

Back