When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post pics of your "Fastback" zep-Hawthorne or rollfast

-
Kind of strange how this thread is titled "zeps" yet I don't think any of the bikes shown are true Zeps. Most look like sport models but I think everyone has taken to referring to that frame style as Zep. Kinda like calling every cantilever Schwinn an Autocycle Deluxe or Phantom. V/r Shawn

That's why I call mine a rollfast motobike...

Kind of strange how this thread is titled "zeps" yet I don't think any of the bikes shown are true Zeps. Most look like sport models but I think everyone has taken to referring to that frame style as Zep. Kinda like calling every cantilever Schwinn an Autocycle Deluxe or Phantom. V/r Shawn

He'll it could have been a sports model or fastback. But absolutly not a zep. I think because of the frame style everyone calls them zeps. I did too at first. I had to be educated on this subject. Thanks jason(jpromo). Rob.

I think it comes more from a lack of understanding what a Zep really is. When someone says Zep to me I expect to see a deluxe Hawthorne with a specific light(s), tank, rack, and locking fork. V/r Shawn

Here is real Zep courtesy of Nostalgic.net

e311.jpg

and a later version (different frame)

$(KGrHqJ,!i4FD-MYzPVOBRC8uGG1h!~~60_57.jpg

e311.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!i4FD-MYzPVOBRC8uGG1h!~~60_57.jpg

think it's safe to say if frame looks like this:

20140806_004JPG-1.jpg

or this:

20140806_009JPG-1.jpg

or even this:

20140806_007JPG-1.jpg

it never was a Zep.
The last one is the closest except for the color: afaik the Snyder Motobike frame Hawthorne Zep was available in any color you wanted, as long as it was black.

Back