When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post War Antique Tandem Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sammy C

On Training Wheels
PLEASE HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS BICYCLE...I just acquired this antique tandem bicycle.the underside of the back crank states 46 258. Could it be 1946?
It also states J79716 BEITLER 56 258. The underside of the front crank states: C 61557. Is the bike a Schwinn? Beitler? Bike has 26 x 2.125 tires w/ 18-1/2" tall front & back frames.

100CANON24 (4).jpg

100CANON25 (4).jpg

100CANON26 (3).jpg

Looks like a badly built homemade tandem. Unfortunately it was a thing to do back then. This particular one does not look safe to ride.

I'd say any bike with two serial numbers is more than one bike. the only way to see if it is safe is to try and break it.

there is nothing in the pictures that would say this bike is not safe. get it riding and go fast up and down the driveway or jump the curb and see what happens. that is what I would do.

lots of good old parts on there even if the frame is not sound. I think it is a good looking bike, the frame could be someones art.

I bet both fenders and the fork came from the girls bike. the front frame looks Schwinn, not sure of the rear.

This is a home made tandem.It is safe to ride if the welder knew what he was doing, I would not feel safe if I didnt know who built it.

It MIGHT be safe to ride, but the problem I see, is that you might be hard pressed to find a riding companion, considering the population of Scio

PLEASE HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS BICYCLE...I just acquired this antique tandem bicycle.the underside of the back crank states 46 258. Could it be 1946?
It also states J79716 BEITLER 56 258. The underside of the front crank states: C 61557. Is the bike a Schwinn? Beitler? Bike has 26 x 2.125 tires w/ 18-1/2" tall front & back frames.

View attachment 822541

View attachment 822542

View attachment 822543
looks like a 52 front and a 53 rear happily welded together.....both numbers come up in schwinn database...

Back