When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post-war Torrington 8’s

-
Price
Zipcode

Heart-like-a-lion

Wore out three sets of tires already!
That shipped PayPal friends and family please thank you
05F24549-9AB7-4A74-AE3F-9091FA81E021.jpeg

]
31E44CB8-64AF-40A4-AD90-65C0CE93E0D1.jpeg

A8B3C210-4345-43A1-AEFF-E649F37AA8E8.jpeg

Ok, really nice looking pedals - most "For sale" threads simply say "Torrington 8's" or 10's or what ever but rarely do I see pre and post war...Could you please school me (and I bet many others) of the difference between the two styles?

The more I learn about bikes the more I realize my bikes may have parts on it from different eras.

Thanks,

BART

Yeah that’s common they have different parts over use and abuse on bikes over the years.I’ve run into that a lot when I get a complete Bikes. I have to look at what I have. OK postwar Pedals on Torrington have what we call Bump blocks they have bumps on corners also they have Torrington made USA stamps in the threaded part of the pedal Plate.Prewar have flat blocks and the no Torrington made US stamps in the threaded end of the plate that is how you can tell the difference. There also or after the middle 50s a change they put on a locking washer set up those are non-rebuildable. Or what we like to call throwaway Pedals once they are no good due to bearing damage. hope that helps you.

Back