When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Bicycle Licenses

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
20181121_173412.jpg

20181121_173433.jpg

I found this plate at a flea market for $5 when I was on holidays in America. Does anyone know how I can stop the paint from flaking off?

IMG_1980.jpg

Wow!
That's a nice one, Shawn.
I had been trying to find a 1918 bicycle plate for the Harley, and didn't have much luck.
The early plates from the teens are pretty scarce.
I did find this 1918 from the Territory of Hawaii, which I was pretty excited about, but I don't know how many Harley Davidson Motorcykes you're expected to find rolling the roads of Hawaii in 1918. Lol!
image.jpeg

Wow!
That's a nice one, Shawn.
I had been trying to find a 1918 bicycle plate for the Harley, and didn't have much luck.
The early plates from the teens are pretty scarce.
I did find this 1918 from the Territory of Hawaii, which I was pretty excited about, but I don't know how many Harley Davidson Motorcykes you're expected to find rolling the roads of Hawaii in 1918. Lol!View attachment 907021
You would probably be surprised! Yea I lucked out when Buck offered this one. My Flying Merkel was found in PA so this worked great! V/r Shawn

I've always been under the impression, that 1935 was the first year for the Los Angeles Bicycle License.
I've seen quite a few 35 issue plates, but I've never seen a 34 issue.
So, when I came across this picture, I was surprised to see those 34 issue LABL plates.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They are a larger format than the typical Los Angeles plate from the period.
Have any of you plate collectors ever come across a 1934 issue Los Angeles Bicycle License?
If so, and you're thinking about getting rid of it, give me a ring.
I'm interested!

Back