When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Evans and serial number

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Floyd

Finally riding a big boys bike
My wife's Evans EO49493G26. Unsure on year. Family I got it from suggested 59/60. Hoping if a bunch of us post numbers that maybe we can learn to decipher them.
IMG_2089.JPG

You can obtain your bikes year by contacting Leon Dixon of the National Bicycle History Archives of America [email protected]
A word of caution: Be VERY VERY VERY polite in your email, and include a few VERY GOOD pictures of the bike, AND serial number, both pictured and in text. For free, he'll tell you the YEAR of the bike. He also offers a very comprehensive report for I believe $29 or so. Start your email with something like Hello, or Good Day Mr. Dixon. Don't ask him to tell you how Evans bikes are decoded, he won't tell you. I know this all sounds strange, but that's how he is. I'm sure it's a result of being bombarded for free information. You can read about it here: http://www.nbhaa.com/FAQs.htm

Here is one that just surfaced yesterday.

The serial number is B177962624. It is a 15" frame measured from the top of seat lug to the center of crank arm. The crank arms are 5.75" long. The wheels are missing but it appears to have used the smaller 24" wheels. It was a green, close to a teal green color.

Here is a link to an Imgur album with more photographs.

I have written to Mr. Dixon as suggested on here to see if I can get a YOP date.

20170816_152659.jpg

Back