When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your klunker pics here!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
56 Schwinn Tiger, sort of a Klunker build. Getting a better seat for it this weekend. Excellent rider, clean and simple.

Decided I need a Klunker so I went to work this evening on my Monark (1950’s frame).
It’s a mishmash of 1930’s parts with modern mountain bike bars. We’ll see if the skip tooth chain holds up. First ride tomorrow!
I assume I’m going to need more braking power. Before and after photos:

66567152-EEDC-4898-AC63-4634C58C204C.jpeg
DFC2E0C6-9CAC-4E2D-835C-C7B3829EFCAE.jpeg

Nice Tiger rollfaster. My '57 Corvette looks much the same (frame-wise anyway). I believe your chainring is a 36 tooth?
Good gearing IMO. That was always our 'secret' on Sting Rays, 36 up front and 18, 19 or 20 in the rear. Made for a fast Sting Ray, as I bet your Tiger pedals fast too. My '57 will keep a 44 up front with a SA 3 spd out back, 18t at this point. I will go to 20-22t so I can better top out 3rd. Yes the 700c's are coming off my bike - the previous owner did that. 26" soon!
I just can't do the over geared cruiser gearing (generally 46-18?).
Fun stuff and gearing is important to me.

Nice Tiger rollfaster. My '57 Corvette looks much the same (frame-wise anyway). I believe your chainring is a 36 tooth?
Good gearing IMO. That was always our 'secret' on Sting Rays, 36 up front and 18, 19 or 20 in the rear. Made for a fast Sting Ray, as I bet your Tiger pedals fast too. My '57 will keep a 44 up front with a SA 3 spd out back, 18t at this point. I will go to 20-22t so I can better top out 3rd. Yes the 700c's are coming off my bike - the previous owner did that. 26" soon!
I just can't do the over geared cruiser gearing (generally 46-18?).
Fun stuff and gearing is important to me.

View attachment 1306251
Great bike! Yes, my Tiger is running a 36t Schwinn lucky seven sprocket up front and 18t in rear. It’s a great combo for hard pack and woods trails.

Back