When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your klunker pics here!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Klunker in progress. Picked up this Chain Bike Corp frame (so, pre-1982 Ross) for nothing and decided to go nuts.

Giving it a Spray.Bike paint job (black with pink accents) a new seatpost and saddle and fresh whitewalls. Thinking about a clamp on front brake.

IMG_20210322_154849.jpg

IMG_20210307_110752.jpg

IMG_20210322_164823_01.jpg

This was my 'ultralight' klunker project- 29# as pictured. Also I wanted one that I could use with a qr truck bed mount.

Bendix instead of Morrow. Alloy SR stem. Vintage campy front hub. The later, narrower Araya 7x mtb rims. 4130 tubing bent by a friend in the aerospace industry (a little 'government work' as we used to say) and built into a fork by Mark Nobilette. 3 pc BB conversion with a mid 80s Specialized crankset. Things like that...

Swapped to the usual Cheng Shin knobbies later, still under 30# but just barely! ;)

DSC01740[1].JPG

Just finished! Before and after.

It's a Chain Bike Corp frame, but I don't know the year. Guess would be late 1970s or very early 1980s. Shimano MX hub. Came to me pretty beat up and as the runt of the litter in a 5 bike cleanout purchase. I decided to try my hand at painting in addition to the usual cleanup work. Pretty happy with the results, although on close inspection there are a couple boo boos from teachable moments. I was using the Spray.Bike rattle cans and I found them easy to work with and pretty fun too. All that's left to do is a coat of wax.

Parts are all OG but I did have to replace the Ross chainwheel (bent) with a NOS Wald that I think looks better anyway. And of course the chain, tires, tubes, rim strips and other wear items were replaced. Pretty in love with the twin reflector in the rear. As a kid of the Top Gun era, I would have thought they were like afterburners.

I have the chainguard still but I think I like it better without.

IMG_20210307_110752.jpg

IMG_20210331_133320.jpg

IMG_20210331_133343.jpg

IMG_20210331_133351.jpg

Back