When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your klunker pics here!

-
Couple of changes in the past couple of years. Finally got truss rods to fit the old Schwinn headset truss rod clamp (bracket, nose?) I've had for years. I like it better than the 'ears' clamp type I had on there. Had the frame bead blasted and powder coated since my first-ever paint job never did dry completely! Also slightly higher bars to relieve my back and wrists a bit. Also in my eternal quest for the perfect grips, now trying the kind with the flare for the palms, don't know what the generic term for them is.

Here it is.jpg

StrutsAndBadge.jpg

Also 2 speed Bendix trigger shift. So far so good, I ride off road but I don't really wail on this set up. I have others for that.
The Bendix manual isn’t a good klunker drive as the brakes are weak, has a long back pedal before the brake catches and it is difficult to adjust. Given that I loved mine. My wheel, shifter, cable and clamps are hanging from my attic rafters.

Reactions: JLF
I dont know anyone that has had luck with any internal multi speed hubs klunkin.if you really ride em in the hills,you will walk home.any hard climbing grenades em.i love them for street rides.i have several on my bikes

The green 47 double fat bar.a rundown od some of its stuff
Tange tx1200 fork og decals
70s Husqvarna bars
Pro neck 2 stem
Revenge industries grips
Diacompe levers
State bicycle co special bar ends
Suntour shifters
Tange falcon headset
Atom drum brakes ( front is actually a worksman
Araya 7b lookin hoops
Takagi cranks
Kkt pedals
Genuine bicycle prod solid billet post
Mr tick clamp
Brooks saddle
Carlisle treads
Shimano derailleurs
Most of it is original vintage parts ive collected over the years.i got the bike from @King_louie as a complete but the frame,hubs,crankset,shifters and derailleurs are all that remain from tgat build.

Last edited:
View attachment 1457864

View attachment 1457865

View attachment 1457866

View attachment 1457867

View attachment 1457868

View attachment 1457869

View attachment 1457870

View attachment 1457871

View attachment 1457872

View attachment 1457873

View attachment 1457874

View attachment 1457875

View attachment 1457876

View attachment 1457877
70s Husqvarna bars
Pro neck 2 stem
Revenge industries grips
Diacompe levers
Suntour shifters
Tange falcon headset
Araya 7b lookin hoops
Takagi cranks
Kkt pedals
Mr tick clamp
Brooks saddle
Carlisle treads
Shimano derailleurs
Most of it is original vintage parts ive collected over the years.i got the bike from @Kinglouie as a complete but the frame,hubs,crankset,shifters and derailleurs are all that remain from tgat build.
I’m going to kindly ask you to please stop posting...

Jesus man that is perfect....

View attachment 1457864

View attachment 1457865

View attachment 1457866

View attachment 1457867

View attachment 1457868

View attachment 1457869

View attachment 1457870

View attachment 1457871

View attachment 1457872

View attachment 1457873

View attachment 1457874

View attachment 1457875

View attachment 1457876

View attachment 1457877
70s Husqvarna bars
Pro neck 2 stem
Revenge industries grips
Diacompe levers
Suntour shifters
Tange falcon headset
Araya 7b lookin hoops
Takagi cranks
Kkt pedals
Mr tick clamp
Brooks saddle
Carlisle treads
Shimano derailleurs
Most of it is original vintage parts ive collected over the years.i got the bike from @Kinglouie as a complete but the frame,hubs,crankset,shifters and derailleurs are all that remain from tgat build.
That bike is perfect. Inspirational to us klunker lovers. A lot of those parts are hard to find and expensive now. Must be a blast to ride. Nice work! (BTW, please don't stop posting! 😉)

I dont know anyone that has had luck with any internal multi speed hubs klunkin.if you really ride em in the hills,you will walk home.any hard climbing grenades em.i love them for street rides.i have several on my bikes
I actually like my Shimano three speed coaster brake hub for klunking so much that I bought extras so I can swap out the blown guts. I really abuse these units, don’t let up when downshifting climbing hills. It’s wonderful, until it blows up. It’s a much better hub than the Bendix manual 2 speed. I did do a 30 mile mountain bike race with the Bendix manual but it refused to shift near the end, ended out stuck in high. I got it working again but a few rides later it was toast. The Bendix has a huge backwards motion before the somewhat wimpy coaster catches. The Shimano has pretty good modulation and has a short backwards motion to catch. My Morrow single speed hub worked well on the same 30 mile race a few years after the Bendix race but it required more leverage than the Bendix or Shimano. All were new or freshly rebuilt. My leg got a little tired back pedaling on long steep downhills with the Morrow.

Back